Meeting Minutes 11/13/2011
IKS Mystic VamPyr/House VamPyr Quarterly Report Nov 2011
Attendees: Jennifer Strand, Michelle Moriarty, John Miller, Deb Rudy, Peter Pound, Linda Hougham, Dave and Deb Horst.
John advised the group that he would make a donation to the following organizations on the House’s behalf: And that he could get a Company match. The Club would then reimburse him.
• Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA)
• The Denver Zoo
• Make a Wish Foundation
• St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital
John stated we had an extra $50 contributed by Neffra and asked for suggestions for worthy charities. The club chose Children’s Hospital. A suggestion was made for the group to do some sort of charity event. Linda suggested hosting a meal at the Ronald McDonald House (RMH). Linda will submit details of what this involves. Linda and Michelle have served meals at the RMH in the past with other community groups.
II. Officer Assignments
Currently filled assignments are as follows:
• Card Officer: Deb Rudy
• Treasury: D’lara
• Music Officer: Rick Bennington, Wyoming
The following members volunteered for the corresponding officer roles:
• Peter Pound- Non-Commissioned Officer- Security
• Linda Hougham-Communications Officer
John requested that any members who have ideas or suggestions for officer roles to please contact him. He is open to suggestions.
Peter purchased an additional Klingonopoly game explicitly to use for a charity raffle. The suggestion was made to ask the club members if they would like to donate related items to contribute to a raffle gift basket to be raffled on Sat. Night at Star Fest. More details to come in future communications.
IV. Upcoming Events
The following events and dates were discussed:
• December 3rd- Art museum, lunch at Pints Pub, watch Parade of Lights. We will meet at the museum at 11am. More detailed info to come.
• January 21st – Holiday party at Linda Hougham’s house- details to follow in future communications.
• February 24th-26th- Galaxy Fest http://www.galaxyfest.org/ Several members will be in attendance. Possible party discussed.
• February – no date set as of yet- bowling excursion
• March 10th or 17th – (date not yet posted on the site) St. Patrick’s Day Parade, lunch at the Tilted Kilt. http://www.denverstpatricksdayparade.org/
• April 20th-22nd- Star Fest. John stated that they are attempting to secure the 5th floor for parties. We will be getting a suite for parties. Vendix Siren will host a party on Friday night and House Vampyr will host a party on Saturday night. Members who plan to stay at the hotel for the event are encouraged to request rooms on the 5th floor.
• May 12th- Colorado Chocolate Festival http://www.chocolate-festival.org/ details not yet posted on site.
• June 9th and 10th- Opening weekend of the Faire http://www.coloradorenaissance.com/ Discussed camping.
• July- two possibilities- Blackhawk trip, or cookout at Chatfield Reservoir.
• August- trip to Star Trek house in Guffey. We will rent cabins or bring tents for camping and partying.
• September 21st-23rd- Brethren Con- be Klingons in kilts! http://www.brethrencon.com/
• October 19th-21st- Mile Hi Con -http://www.milehicon.org/
Please mark your calendars with these dates. More info to come as we approach event dates. Look for invites to events on Facebook.
V. Website Updates
John requested photos for the House site. Please submit photos to John via email in a zip file. Apparently, John does possess the knowledge and courage to steal them from Facebook, but does not really have the time to grab every picture like that.
John has set up a new site: http://www.klingonempire.net/ this site is geared for posting.
John will add a section for costuming on the House site.
VI. Other events
The group discussed seeing more movies together. The following movies have been identified as possible opportunities:
Movie In Theaters
The Muppets 11/23/2011
Sherlock Holmes- A Game of Shadows 12/16/2011
Mission Impossible-Ghost Protocol 12/21/2011
Underworld- Awakening 1/12/2012
Ghost Rider- Spirit of Vengeance 2/17/2012
The Lorax 3/20/2012
The Avengers 5/4/2012
Dark Shadows 5/11/2012
• Deb will send Klingon Christmas cards to all members. So thank her much and often!!
• Linda will write up notes from meeting, send to John to publish. Will publish on FB. Thank Her mucbh and often!! Oh And me too..
• Linda will set up events on FB and send invites.
• Peter will make Gang Green patches and purchase inexpensive red shirts. Thank Him much and often!!
• Peter will inquire and schedule Star Trek house event. Kick him to get this done much and often!!!
Open to all