Meeting Minutes 09/17/2005
Sure would like to see more local members attend these meetings.
Old News: Botanical Gardens, and DragonCon
New website Klingon Academy: Really cool site. If you are Klingon I would like to see members try these courses.
1. Oct 8th House Vampyr Halloween Party Start time is 5pm Costumes prefered.
2. Oct 21st Mile Hi Con.
a. We will be doing a 2 hour block at the Con suite, 6-8PM Friday Oct 21st.
b. Volunteers so far are we need more.
c. What we will be serving and, we need donations of food or money, enough for 100-200 people.
i. Hot Dogs - John
ii. Chili. - Peter
iii. Hot Dog Buns
2. Relish - Sweet and Dill Large jars should be good.
6. Shredded Cheese
7. Chopped Onion
vi. Cooking equipment.
1. Crock pot for Chili - Peter
2. Crock Pot for Sauerkraut - John
3. Cook pan for Hot Dogs. - Bill said he has this.
4. Cutting Board
3. Movie Rush to see Serenity September 30th at Continental I-25 and Hampden.
a. Waiting on Show times. John will email with details to come.
4. November Event is Free Day at the Zoo November 6th Noon.
a. Meet at the Front/Main gate.
b. Should we do a picnic?? Might be cold that day.
5. December Event Parade of lights December 3rd 4:30-5:00.
a. Meet on the north side of the City and County Building.
i. Colfax and Bannock.
6. Next Club meeting is December 17th at the Denver ART Museum. Noon.
a. Free to all Colorado Residents.
b. Meet in the Lounge area as you enter the building.
c. Tour the Art Museum after meeting.
7. Starfest April 2006
a. We as a House will be doing a Murder Mystery.
i. Title is Murder at Starfest
ii. If you know of fan table at Starfest that are interested in doing this let John know.
iii. Club tables and events rooms will host clues.
1. Member Package
a. Lots of cool stuff. See previous email for list of stuff.
2. I would like to see the club donate to the Red Cross $50.
a. My company will match the donation.
b. If anyone would like to add to this donation they can.
c. Donations must be made by December 25, 2005.
3. We also donate $50 annually to the Zoo adopt an animal program.
a. This allows us to be non profit, our Account must be zeroed out by Dec 31st.
b. We adopt the vampire bats.
4. Talked about making rank pins for costumes.
a. RTV cost is as follows
i. Pint Kit $25
ii. Half Gallon Kit $53 (Club can afford this, and this should be enough)
iii. Gallon Kit $85
iv. 5 Gallon Kit $400-500 (way too much for us.)
1. Peter is creating
a. Vinyl banners for the club.
b. Shock Rods/Painstiks, he will be taking orders.
i. Picture forthcoming
As always, if anyone has any news to add, please
contact Jennifer (DíLara) at firstname.lastname@example.org
and I will add it.