Meeting Minutes 01/23/2010
House VamPyr Quarterly Report Jan 2010 House VamPyr IKSMysticVamPyr
Attendees: Vam’Pyr, Larna, Valqar, Ri’SaH, vam mIp, Torak, Daneel KoH’vas, Abby Wallace
Guests: Bill and Richy
Discuss 2009 4th Quarter events:
1. Oct 23 – MileHiCon was great. We will try our best to make sure we get both rooms around the con suite this year to avoid getting closed down early.
2. Oct 31 – Halloween party was a big success.
3. December 5 – Free day at the Art museum, followed by food and drinks at Pints Pub and a great “cold” time at the Parade of Lights.
Discuss and plan 2010 events:
1. Jan 23 – Meeting at Village Inn followed by Laser Quest.
2. Feb 13 – 7pm to 12am - Mardi Gras Ball at the Witches Brew Summerland Center. This will be their last party before they close. Tickets are $10 in advance at Witches Brew or $15 at the door.
3. Feb 20 – 12pm to 5pm - Costume building at John’s. We will be doing some ridges and costumes.
4. Mar 27 – 9am to 4pm - Diabetes Expo at the Convention Center. We have been invited to attend in costume to “work” the crowd. Some other scifi groups have been invited as well. Anyone who wants to also volunteer to work other areas please email Linda @ firstname.lastname@example.org. http://main.diabetes.org/site/Calendar/1873017650?view=Detail&id=3605 for more information the expo.
5. Apr 15-18 – Starfest 2010
a. Club table – need volunteers to organize this and Man it..
b. Joint Party – we have five groups interested in a joint party. We are hoping to get a suite.
i. House VamPyr
iii. Vendix Siren
c. Panels – Klingon Language; might be doing a live version of Klin Zha (Klingon Chess). Anyone interested in doing a panel can talk to John. Possible free tickets to the con for putting on a panel.
d. Starfest Game – Dominos – will need volunteers on Thursday night to help put the stickers on the dominos. Let John know if you can help.
6. Apr 30 – Nightmare on Elm Street Premier (times and other info TBD)
7. May 8 – Casa Bonita, time TBD.
8. Jun 12 or 13 – Renaissance Festival (opening weekend)
9. July 17 – 12pm - Meeting and Picnic at John’s Pool
10. August 23rd – Tour de Cure in Longmont. Seeking volunteers. Won’t be in costume, just wear club shirts.
11. September 2-6 – Dragon Con
12. October 22-24 - MHC 2010
13. October 30 – Halloween Party
14. November 14 – Museum of Natural History Free Day
15. December 4 – Art Museum and Parade of Lights
1. Dues are due by March 15. If you have not paid by then you will not get a member package.
a. If you cannot afford dues, let’s work something out. We need help running the club so maybe we can swap man hours for dues. Email John to make arrangements.
2. Website Update:
a. We have updated the House Gallery with pictures.
b. D’nuoPs Depot needs products. If you have anything you want to sell just let us know. We can post it online.
3. We are working on a University of Qo’nos. This is House Vampyr sponsored.
4. The Empire site. We need to the CO’s and XO’s to post at this site once a week. If you registered and can’t post, email John. http://www.klingon-empire.org/index.php
5. John has cut up and prepped for making House flags. May need volunteers to help sew.
6. Adopt an Animal – we have renewed our adoption of the Vampire Bat at the Denver Zoo for 2010.
7. 2009 Donations from House Vampyr were made to the following charities:
c. St Jude Childrens Hospital.
8. If you have a charity you would like House Vampyr to make a small donation to in 2010, email to John. We will have a vote on the top few.
As always if you have positive ideas for the club just let us know.