Klingon Leader Test
You must get a 80% or better to proceed.
1. As the commander of a House VamPyr chapter, which medals would you have the authority to award?
Medal of Honor, Sword of the Empire, Superior Service Medal
Medal of Valor, Chop jiH Medal, Master of Discipline, Torturer's Apprentice
Bird of Prey, Award of Kahless, Fast Attack Medal, Honored Service Medal
2. What are the three primary responsibilities of House VamPyr chapter commanders and flag officers?
Rule With a Iron Fist, Keep Secrets, Set the Example
Set the Example, Keep your people informed, Recruit more Klingons
Be the Leader, Send out emails, Destroy the enemy
3. What position is on the Fleet Staff?
Captain of the Guard
Sargent in Charge
4. As an House VamPyr flag officer or chapter commander, do you have any real-life authority to order someone around?
5. What are the basic items that your chapter's table display should include?
Signup Sheets, Pens, Give aways
Gummy Worms, Pencils, Signup Sheets
Table Cover Display, Ship Banner, Ship Photo Album(s) or ScreenShow, Recruiting Flyers, A good attention getter.
6. What are experience points and honor points awarded for, and what are they accumulated towards?
Experience Points are for Rank, Honor Points are for Titles.
Experience Points are for Medals, Honor Points are for Rank.
Experience Points are for Titles, Honor Points are for Medals.
7. What rank earns you the right to be a permanent member of the High Council?
8. What are the five absolute rules of House VamPyr?
Have Fun, Get Invited Back, Help Out, The High Council Makes the Rules, Make No Treaties, Sign No Alliances
Be active, Help your Captain, Have Fun, Destory Your Enemies, Make Great Weapons
Crush Your Enemies, See Them Driven Before You, Hear the Lament of their Women, Enslave the Children, Horde the Possessions
9. Is it encouraged to make and maintain positive relations with non-House and non-Klingon fan clubs in your area?
10. What are the four guilds of House VamPyr?
Weapons Guild, Costume Guild, Boreth Order, Ambassador
Ambassador, Uniform Guild, Tactics Board, Blade Master
Bat'leth Order of Honor, Ambassador, Order of the High Council, Costume Guild
11. Is the High Council or Fleet responsible for a chapter's dues or treasury?
12. When representing the House VamPyr at an event, whose policy on weapons shall prevail?
13. According to House VamPyr regulations, members of what age can only carry metal edged weapons with the specific authorization of the commanding
officer? Additionally, at what age are members not allowed to carry metal weapons?
14. How often does the High Council meet?
15. When you attend a High Council meeting as a chapter commander, what basic items should you bring with you?
List of Meeting Mins., Updated Records, Items of Importance
List of Members, Updated Treasury Records, Items of Importance
List of New Recruits, Updated Member Records, Items of Interest
16. Name the current chapters/ships of the House VamPyr.
IKV Mystic VamPyr
17. Name the current Epetai of the House Council of the House VamPyr.
Lt Commander D'lara
ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY BE FOUND IN THE KLINGON DICTIONARY, KLINGON FOR THE GALACTIC TRAVELLER, THE KLINGON WAY, THE
KLINGON LANGUAGE INSTITUTE WEBSITE, AND THE HOUSE VAMPYR MEMBER HANDBOOK.
18. Translate the Klingon word SuvwI' into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
19. Translate the Klingon phrase Hab SoSlI Quch into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
Your mother is a targ!
Your mother has a smooth forhead!
Your mother has warts!
20. Translate the Klingon phrase Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
It is a good day to die!
It is a good day to kill!
It is a good day.
21. Translate the Klingon phrase bortaS bIr jablu'DI'reH QaQqu' nay' into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
Revenge is a dish which is best served cold.
Revenge is mine!
Today is a good day for revenge!
22. Translate the Klingon phrase batlh Daqawlu'taH into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
You will be remembered!
You will be given honor!
You will be remembered with honor!
23. Translate the Klingon phrase Heghlu'DI' mobbe'lu'chugh Qaqqu' Hegh wanI' into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
Death shared is best.
Death is an experience best shared.
Death is a dish which is best served cold.
24. Translate the Klingon phrase qaStaHvsIS wa'ram loS SaD Hugh SljlaH qetboqh loD into the clumsy Human idiom known as English.
Four thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
A thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
Fourty thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man.
ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY BE FOUND IN THE House VamPyr MEMBER HANDBOOK, THE STAR TREK ENCYCLOPEDIA, THE KLINGON
DICTIONARY, THE KLINGON WAY, AND EPISODES OF CLASSIC STAR TREK, THE STAR TREK MOVIES, STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION, AND STAR TREK DEEP SPACE NINE.
25. Who commanded the vessel to which Commander William Riker was transferred during the Empire's Officer Exchange Program with Starfleet?
26. Who was the Klingon representative to Nimbus III?
27. Where do inductions into the Order of the Bat'Leth take place?
Great Hall on Kronos
Hall of Warriors at Ty'gokor
The Hall of Kahless on Boreth
28. Why do the Klingons have no gods?
Because they killed them.
Because they scared them away.
Because they out grew them.
29. What was significant about the Bird of Prey commanded by General Chang?
It could travel at faster then light speed.
It could create it's own worm hole.
It could fire while cloaked.
30. Who is one of the few Federation diplomats to gain the respect of his Klingon colleagues?
31. Who forged the first bat'leth and how did he or she do so?
Molor, Dropped a log into the fires of Mar'tarh Volcano, and twisted it to form a blade.
Mow'ga, Pulled it from the fires of the Volcano Boreth and twisted it to form a blade.
Kahless, Dipped a lock of hair in the lava from the Kri'stak Volcano, and plunged the fiery lock into the lake of Lursor and twisted it to form a blade.
32. What decisive victory over the Romulans was led by Dahar Master Kor?
Battle of Klach D'Kel Brakt.
Battle of Battle of Khitomer.
Battle of Donatu V and Tassem-Loki III.
33. Briefly describe the Klingon tea ceremony.
A mental and spiritual journey that a Klingon man and his friends traditionally share during the last four nights before his wedding, by drinking poisioned
A Klingon youth was considered a man on the day he could first drink the poisoned tea.
This is a ceremony to test one's bravery. In this ritual, two friends share poisoned tea served on a tray decorated with simple flowers. This ceremony
gives the friends a chance to share each other's mortality and to remind them that death is an experience best shared - like the tea.
34. How and when was the Sword of Kahless lost/stolen?
Was stolen about 1000 years ago by the invading Hur'q, in 2372.
Was lost in the battle of Qur'q about 1000 years ago.
Was stolen by the Ferengi 1000 years ago.
35. What is the Kal'Hyah?
A Tea ceremony.
A mental and spiritual journey in the lava caves of No'Mat.
A mental and spiritual journey that a Klingon man and his friends traditionally share during the last four nights before his wedding.
36. Although Klingons believe it is dishonorable to attack without showing your face to your enemy, why is the use of cloaking devices aboard Klingon
starships still acceptable?
For it's low power usage.
For it's stealth capabilities.
For it's tactical advantage in battle.
37. Why was the D-12 Bird of Prey retired from service?
Because of defective warp plasma cells.
Because of defective scanner arrays.
Because of defective plasma coils in the cloaking device.
38. Why is there no need for written treaties to a Klingon?
A klingons word is his bond.
Klingons defeat all who oppose them.
Klingons enslave all enemies.
39. After the death of K'mpec, why did the Arbiter of Succession rule that Toral was not entitled to the council position of his illegitimate father Duras?
Toral was not old enough.
Toral was part of a Romulan conspiracy.
Toral was not part of the High Council.
ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS CANNOT BE FOUND IN ANY HANDBOOK. YOU MUST DRAW UPON YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE. USE YOUR
BEST JUDGEMENT BASED UPON WHAT YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY LEARNED AND YOU WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS.
40. In order to establish a new vessel within House VamPyr, a prospective commanding officer must have five members (including themselves) in good standing
willing to join. Suppose you have the number of people required to form a new chapter. What functions would each of the five serve in the new chapter as it
got on its feet? Think not so much in terms of in-character positions such as Chief Engineer, but rather the out-of-character functions needed to manage
your chapter in real life. This will be graded when you submit your results.
Enter answer here...
41. You are the commanding officer of an House VamPyr chapter attending a convention. A small group of prospective recruits stops by your table and shows
great interest in joining, however when the would-be recruits leave, several members of your crew immediately denounce the visitors, telling you that they
do not want 'those kind of people' on their ship. The above statement could apply to race, gender, affiliation, or even just personality. How do you
respond? This will be graded when you submit your results.
Enter answer here...
42. Your new House VamPyr chapter happens to exist in an area where several non-House VamPyr fan clubs are already in existence. Although 'formal'
relations have not been established, your crews are friendly with one another, and several dual-affiliations exist. Describe an event of any sort that you
feel would make a good opportunity for the various clubs to establish positive official relations and possibly work together on. Be sure to address why the
event you choose would suit this purpose. This will be graded when you submit your results.
Enter answer here...